This is a simple and super healthy recipe taken from this months issue of our first ever magazine. Just sign-up to our mailing list on here to get your free copy ever month. Enjoy.
Bread, what’s bread. Bread’s boring, it’s old news. Here’s an idea; Why not try using sliced up sweet potato instead of toast? These crispy, creamy bites combine the power of sweet potato and avocado to bring you a super tasty (and grain free) breakfast or light lunch. Once you give these a go we guarantee you’ll be experimenting with all kinds of flavour combinations.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 sweet potato
- A little olive oil
- Salt and pepper
EXTRA TOPPINGS SHOWN
- Baby tomatoes
- Fresh chilli pepper
- Goats cheese
OTHER TOPPINGS WE LIKE
- Poached or scrambled egg
- Feta cheese, cream cheese, or cottage cheese
- Homemade baked beans
- Full English breakfast, why not
- Preheat the oven to 180c (350f).
- Cut the sweet potato in to roughly 6-8mm width slices. Cutting either length or width ways both work well depending on the shape you want.
- Season well with salt and pepper, and a little olive oil for a crispier texture.
- Place the sweet potato slices flat on an oven tray.
- Cook on the middle shelf of your oven for around 30 minutes or until lightly golden.
- If doing these for breakfast it’s a great idea to do this the night before, then just chuck them in the toaster or frying pan in the morning to reheat.
- While cooking simply cut your avocado in half and scoop out the creamy insides in to a bowl, then season well with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the avocado on to the sweet potato, with any other toppings you’d like. All that’s left to do now is eat. The best bit.
I train Olympians, Pro’s and the hardest workers in the gym to look great naked!