Finally, healthy pancakes you don’t need to watch over or flip! 20 minutes in the oven and you’ve got a perfect protein pancake every time.
It’s sweet, fluffy, and kicks the ass of any boring french-style crepe pancake. Also, if you’re the “sugar and lemon type” you should be ashamed – try these instead. They’ll make your biceps grow, your glutes pop!
There’s two portions of fruit in these (not lemon!) with a whole banana and some berry goodness. The pumpkin seeds on top add a moreish texture and toasted-nut-type flavour. If you’re a man pumpkin seeds will help stop you from going bald too.
These are super high protein, high fiber, refined sugar free and gluten-free. If you care about that sort of thing. You could pretty much breakfast, lunch and dinner on these things and I wouldn’t judge you.
This protein pancake recipe makes a giant strongman-size portion. I’d eat an entire one, and with extra toppings. But you may struggle so feel free to divide the ingredient amounts as you see fit (unless you smell a challenge here!!).
Macros for the whole thing:
- 641 calories
- 17 g fat
- 72 g carbs
- 53 g protein
- 12 g fiber
- 1 Medium ripe banana
- 1/2 Cup uncooked rolled oats or oat flour
- 2 Whole medium eggs (or 3 egg whites for a lower fat version)
- 1 and 1/3 scoop (40g) vanilla protein powder of choosing
- 1/5 Cup (2.1 oz) zero-fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Cup frozen berries
- 1 Heaped teaspoon pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Few pinches salt
- Preheat oven to 360 Fahrenheit or 180 Celsius.
- Toss all the ingredients into a blender or food processor except the berries and seeds. Blend until well combined with no whole oats visible.
- Spray an oven-proof skillet with a little low-calorie cooking spray. Pour the smooth batter into the skillet.
- Throw some berries and seeds on top. You can use fresh berries, but frozen are just as good and keep the pancakes extra moist.
- Bake on the top shelf for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Optional: Serve with a little extra Greek yogurt, honey, maple syrup, or sugar-free syrup.