“I’ll just have one cookie”… said no one ever!The right kind of carbs can be your best friend, especially if you’re looking to build some lean muscle, strength, and perform at your best. So get some good energy with these tasty junk-free cookies.
These have got some nice juicy raisins added to them, but you could also use sultanas, currants, nuts, seeds or even some dark chocolate chips. Have fun with this one and feel free to experiment with the additions.
This is a recipe the whole family can enjoy (or hide them for yourself!).
Per Cookie (made 8 man-size): 302kcal, 38g carbs, 13g fat, 16g protein
Per Cookie (made 12 normal size): 201kcal, 25g carbs, 8.6g fat, 10.8g protein
- 1 Whole Egg, beaten
- 30g Oat Flour, or finely ground oats
- 200g Rolled oats (uncooked)
- 120g no added sugar Apple Sauce (tip: look down the baby food aisle for small pots)
- 90g Almond, Cashew or Peanut Butter
- 60g natural or vanilla flavoured Protein Powder
- 1 heaped TBSP Natural Honey
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1TSP Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- A handful (around 60g) raisins
1. Preheat your oven to 180c/350f, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In one bowl place all of the dry ingredients together, leaving out the raisins.
3. Mix all of the wet ingredients together separately, in a blender, food processor, or by hand.
4. Mix the wet in to the dry, combining everything together well until a very sticky dough is formed.
5. Sprinkle in the raisins, and any other ingredients you might like to add, and give it another quick mix in the bowl. Your hands may be better for the job at this point to ensure an even mix.
6. Roll the dough in to a long sausage, and cut in to 8 or 12 even portions.
7. Roll each in to a ball and press down to form a cookie around the thickness of your little finger.
8. Place on the lined tray and bake for 8-10 minutes MAX.
9. These cookies are intended to be soft and chewy, so ensure you don’t overbake. Take them out, leave them to cool, an they’ll firm up and become more chewy and delicious.
10. Nothing left now but to enjoy!