You’re busy, you don’t have time to do yourself a proper cooked breakfast? We get it, that’s why we’ve put together this healthy granola recipe for you. Yes, you’ve got to spend a small amount of time making it, but once it’s done it’ll fuel your mornings for the entire week. Plus you’ll know exactly what’s in it.It’s so easy to make too, and you can adapt the recipe to suite your own taste, by adding or taking away certain ingredients. And as a bonus your kitchen will smell amazing, almost like cinnamon sugar doughnuts. This granola makes for an easy weekend food prep idea to have your breakfast covered for the whole week.
- 1 1/2 cups raw buckwheat
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds and macadamia work well for taste and fats profile)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup goji berries (or other dried no sugar added fruit)
- Preheat oven to 140c
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the buckwheat, oats, nuts, seeds. Any dried fruit gets added AFTER cooking.
- In another bowl whisk together the oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and vanilla until blended in to a syrup.
- Combine the syrup mixture well with the dry mix until everything is coated.
- Spread mixture in a single layer if possible on to your baking tray.
- Bake for around 50 minutes at 140c on the middle or bottom shelf of your oven. Keep an eye on the mix around 40 minutes however as mix can burn very quickly.
- Around half way through cooking give the granola a bit of a mix around on the tray for an even cook.
- Once golden take out of the oven and let cool fully before using the greaseproof paper to pour and transfer in to an airtight container.
- Mix in the dried fruit.
- Store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Also known as “The Fitness Maverick”, Gareth specializes in smarter training techniques to get you strong and looking great naked year round!