I rustled up these gluten and sugar-free brownies at the weekend. I must have had chocolate on my brain at the time because these are like being in chocolate heaven – but without the guilt! And it’s a good job that these brownies are much healthier than the real thing, because their gooey middle makes it pretty hard to resist going back for a second helping. Trust me ?
Oh and by the way they don’t actually have Nutella in the recipe. So yes, the title of this recipe is a little misleading if you want to be picky. But I used THIS amazing sugar-free substitute I found, and personally I could eat this stuff out of the jar.
With just 3 ingredients this recipe is a whiz to make, and definitely impresses when you tell people it;s sugar and gluten-free. Here’s how:
Time to make: 25 minutes, including baking
Serves: 4 portions
- Kcal: 216
- Protein: 6g
- Carbs: 19g
- Fats: 14g
Difficulty: Pretty damn simple!
- 110g Diablo No Added Sugar Hazelnut Spread
- 2tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Medium Eggs
- A little Coco Powder for dusting at the end
- You could also throw in some whole nuts or fruit to this recipe as an option.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Whist the 2 whole eggs until they almost double in size
- In a glass bowl, place the Hazelnut spread in the microwave for around 40 seconds until it melts slightly
- Mix the beaten eggs in to the melted spread
- Fold in the coconut flour
- Line an oven proof tin or ceramic dish with grease proof paper, a square ceramic dish works best.
- Place the mixture in to the dish making sure it’s spread evenly
- Place in the oven at 180 degrees C for around 18 minutes, making sure the centre is still a little gooey.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool and set for at least 5 minutes before eating.
Trust me this last 5 minutes seems to last a lifetime, but it’s well worth the wait! Enjoy!
Also known as “The Fitness Maverick”, Gareth specializes in smarter training techniques to get you strong and looking great naked year round!