Natural Creamy Chocolate-Mint Ice Pops
These ice pops are the ideal healthy summertime snack. They’re also great for that time every evening when you’re craving something to snack on. Don’t let those cravings get you! They’ve got the perfect minty chocolate taste that’s refreshing and moreish at the same time, and unlike many homemade ice lollies and ice creams these are super creamy with a texture that melts in your mouth. All of the taste and none of the guilt.
Per ice pop (makes 8): 136kcal, 8g carbs, 5.7g fats, 1.4g protein.
- A freezer, surprise-surprise
- A blender or food processor
- Cooking pan
- 8 piece lolly stick mould
- 400ml can organic coconut cream
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 3 TBS maple syrup
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1 TSP natural peppermint extract
SOME ADAPTATIONS WE LIKE
- Try adding cacao nibs to the mixture after the blending stage, for a healthy alternative to choc-chips
- Change the peppermint extract for natural orange extract for a chocolate-orange flavour.
- Take away the peppermint extract. Try 1 TSP coffee extract plus a tablespoon of fresh coffee beans added after the blending stage, for a mocha ice pop.
- In a cooking pan combine the coconut cream, mint extract, cacao powder and maple syrup.
- Bring slowly to a gentle simmer, stirring for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let cool fully, or place in the freezer to speed the cooling process. Cooled to room temp. but not frozen.
- Place the frozen banana in a blender or food processor along with the cooled chocolatey mixture.
- Add ½ cup water to the mix and blend everything until smooth and creamy.
- Pour in to your lolly stick moulds as per mould instructions and place in the freezer until fully set.
- Serve straight from the freezer, enjoy.