CHOCOLATE PEANUT-BUTTER REFRIGERATOR COOKIES
This recipe makes for a great nutritionally packed, high protein snack, that just melts in your mouth. Super easy to throw together, and extremely melt-in-mouth moreish.
Some of the stars of these no-bake cookies include:
Peanut Butter – packed with protein, healthy fats, magnesium, vitamin E, Zinc and various B vitamins.
Coconut Oil – full of medium-chain triglycerides (MCT’s) for energy, it has metabolism boosting properties, and it’s a great source of Lauric Acid, a fatty acid that has powerful immune properties.
Dark chocolate – full of flavonoids, known for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Time to make: Less than 10 minutes to throw together, then at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Best Time to Eat: Anytime as a Lean n’ Healthy snack,.. With your coffee in the morning,.. Or when evening cravings sneak up on you. You can also keep these in the freezer and eat straight from there, so they store for ages, just in case you need one for an emergency…!
Makes: 5 Cookies
- Kcal: 158
- Protein: 8.8g
- Carbs: 4g
- Fats: 12g
Difficulty: Difficulty: No baking involved, and you only need a bowl and a spoon. Can’t get easier than this!
- Place the Cocopure Coconut Oil in to a bowl, and gently melt in the microwave for around 10-20 seconds.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in to the bowl and stir until everything’s combined.
- On a sheet of greaseproof paper, spoon the mixture in to 5 equal portions. The mixture should be a little sloppy at this point so should form in to cookie-type shapes.
- Place straight in to the refrigerator and leave for at least 1 hour. Alternatively, you can put them in the freezer if you’re feeling a little impatient.
- Store in the fridge or freezer until you want to eat.